This is a great “throw-it-together” breakfast dish – always a hit!! Perfect for a rummage through your fridge. Feel free to substitute your favorite veggies and cheese.
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups day old bread, crusts removed and torn in bite-sized pieces
- 3 tbs extra-virgin olive oil, divided use
- 1 yellow onion, large dice
- 1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper, large dice
- 1cup ripe cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup boursin cheese (herbed cheese or ricotta works great)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a 9” x 13” pan with butter or olive oil.
Combine eggs, cream and bread and let soak for about 15 minutes.
Heat 2 tbs olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add onions and cook until caramelized – 8- 10 minutes. Add peppers and sauté until cooked through (I like some caramelization on my peppers too – up to you!!) Add tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add to veggie mixture to egg/bread mixture and pour into prepared pan. Dot with small pieces of boursin – pushing them into the batter.
Bake for 30 minutes or until pudding is lightly browned and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for a few minutes and serve with grilled sausages and fresh fruit.