- 1 ¼ cups Cabernet Sauvignon (divided use)
- 1 ½ tsp cornstarch
- 6 tbs granulated sugar
- ¼ vanilla bean – halved lengthwise
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled, halved
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper (or more!!)
- Wonderful vanilla ice cream
Whisk ¼ cup of the wine and the cornstarch in a small bowl. Set aside.
Combine remaining wine, sugar and vanilla bean in a medium saucepan and bring to boil.
Turn heat to low, whisk in cornstarch mixture and return to a gentle boil. When sauce has thickened remove from heat and set aside.
Melt butter in medium skillet and sauté strawberries for about one minute. Remove vanilla bean and add sauce to strawberries. Add pepper as desired. Heat to a boil to let flavors "marry."
Serve warm over vanilla ice cream.