A wonderful salad with vibrant flavors. Not a fan of mango – try pineapple.
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup, plus 2 tbs fresh lime juice
- ½ - 1 tbs chili-garlic sauce
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 3 lb roast chicken, skin removed and meat shredded
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into ½ inch chunks
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut into ½ inch chunks
- 3 green onions
- 5 ounces Spring Mix or Baby Spinach
In a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar and water to a boil. Remove from heat and whisk in lime juice, chili sauce, oil, salt and pepper. Let cool - a great make-ahead step.
In a large salad bowl, mix the chicken, mango, avocado and green onions. Add greens and toss gently. Add dressing – you will have some leftover – adjust seasonings and serve.