When fresh, juicy ruby-red tomatoes are out of reach – my reach is for sun-dried tomatoes. Their concentrated goodness makes them a culinary “go-to” anytime of the year – but they are especially wonderful in winter’s chill. Love this easy, make-ahead spread – fabulous slathered on a crostini or as a spread on a sandwich. Check out the line of Bella Sun Luci Sun-Dried Tomatoes from Mooney Farms
– a valley product – bursting with goodness and flavor.
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, oil packed, well-drained
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 tbs capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbs Italian parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ tsp chile pepper flakes (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp oregano, preferably fresh
- 5 tbs extra-virgin olive oil (divided use)
- Kosher salt to taste
- ¼ cup fresh ricotta
- Baguette, cut on vertical
Preheat oven to 350.
In food processor, combine tomatoes through oregano. Add 1 tbs EVOO. Process. When smooth add 2 tbs of EVOO and ricotta. Process until smooth.
Lay slices of baguette on baking sheet, brush with remaining olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt. Bake 8-10 minutes until toasted.
Serve on crostini. Keeps well.